Refund & Cancellation policy (Customer point of view with TAT)
Flight Booking Policy
- The total price displayed includes all applicable taxes and excludes all applicable airport tax or other charges payable at the airport.
- You are required to pay the entire amount prior to the confirmation of your booking.
- There will be no refund for 'no-shows' or any partially unused flights.
- Meals, frequent flyer miles and special service requests are on a request basis only and are subject to airline(s) confirmation.
- For any information regarding your Frequent Flyer miles, please contact the airline directly.
- Kindly ensure that prior to traveling, your passport has a validity of minimum 6 months from the date of travel and that you have the relevant visa and immigration clearance to travel to your destination.
- To avail infant fares, an infant must be under 24 months old throughout the entire itinerary you are booking. This includes both destination and return trips. If the infant is 24 months old or above on the return trip, you'll need to make a separate booking using a child fare.
- Infants must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age.
- Suwaah is not responsible for any schedule change by the airline after issuance of the ticket, but will keep you informed of any changes. It is advisable to reconfirm your flight timings 24 hours prior to your flight departure.
- Suwaah reserves the right to charge transaction fees for availing any Suwaah service. Suwaah further reserves the right to alter any and all fees from time to time, without notice. You shall be liable to pay all applicable charges, fees, duties and taxes for availing any Suwaah service.
Hotel Booking Policy
By making a reservation on our website, you accept and agree to the relevant accommodation booking conditions, including cancellation and no-show policies applicable to that booking, and to any additional (delivery) terms and conditions of the accommodation that may apply to your reservation or during your stay, including for services rendered and/or products offered by the accommodation (the delivery terms and conditions of an accommodation can be obtained with the relevant accommodation).
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
As a condition of use of the Suwaah website, you agree to indemnify us from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including attorney's fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of the website, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that, if true, would constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
In no event will the website be liable to you for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, reliance, or exemplary damages (including without limitation lost business opportunities, lost revenues, or loss of anticipated profits or any other pecuniary or non-pecuniary loss or damage of any nature whatsoever) arising out of or relating to (i) this agreement, (ii) the services, the site or any reference site, or (iii) your use or inability to use the services, the site (including any and all materials) or any reference sites. In no event will the website or any of its contractors, directors, employees, agents, third party partners, licensors or suppliers’ total liability to you for all damages, liabilities, losses, and causes of action arising out of or relating to (i) this Agreement, (ii) the Services, (iii) your use or inability to use the Services or the site (including any and all materials) or any reference sites, or (iv) any other interactions with the website, however caused and whether arising in contract, tort including negligence, warranty or otherwise, exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for using the portion of the Services or the Site giving rise to the cause of action or Two hundred Rial (AED 200), whichever is less.
The failure of the website to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of any provision of this Agreement will be effective only if in writing and signed by Suwaah.
Links to Third-Party Websites
The website may contain links and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties. The website does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services on such third-party sites. Third-party links and pointers are included solely for your convenience, and do not constitute any endorsement by us.
You assume sole responsibility for use of third-party links and pointers.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the website or if you have any grievances about any of the services provided by the website please contact us.
How to reach Suwaah:
- Email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to our “contact us” page on the website and state your grievance in the subject of the “contact us” form.
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
Your use of the website and the terms and conditions is subject to the laws of the United Arab Emirates and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Dubai,United Arab Emirates. Nevertheless, the website reserves the right to bring proceedings to the courts of the country of your location.
Suwaah may provide you with notices and communications by email, regular mail or postings on the site or by any other reasonable means. Except as otherwise set forth herein, notice to the website must be sent by courier or registered mail to P.O. Box 237893, Dubai, UAE.
You can book a limited number of traveller per transaction on the website. As we have a wide range of offerings, each offering may limit the maximum number. Infant only bookings cannot be made online and unaccompanied minor bookings also need to be made via our call centre or via our offices.
All reservations, including modifications and cancellations are subject to the Terms and Conditions, Customer Care Policy and General Conditions of Carriage.
You may require a visa for travel to some destinations to and via which you are required to travel due to the booking you have made through the Suwaah website. It is your responsibility to obtain such visas required for travel. You must also have a valid passport for the duration of the travel and the expiry date of your passport must be acceptable to all the countries you enter. More information on the passport and visa requirements is available at the embassy of the country or countries you will be traveling to.
The fares quoted may not include the individual charges such as departure taxes, passenger service charges, and airport taxes, imposed by airport or aeronautical authorities of the countries you are visiting. You will be required to pay them directly to the charging authorities. These shall be communicated at the time of booking.
You are also advised to check with your doctor whether you are required to undergo immunization prior to entry or stopover in the countries to and through which you will be traveling. Some countries require that you have adequate travel insurance. It is your responsibility to ascertain these requirements and to fulfill such requirements.
To be eligible for AIG Travel Guard:
- Adults must be below 69 years old.
- Children must be above 3 months old.
- All traveller must be residents of the United Arab Emirates.
- Insurance is not valid for planned or actual travel in, to, or through Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria, Crimea Region, and North Korea and actual travel in, to, or through Afghanistan and Iraq.
This travel insurance is underwritten by American Home Assurance Company (Dubai Br.). also referred as ‘Company’.
This travel insurance can be purchased by travelers outside of the United Arab Emirates provided that you buy the ticket through Suwaah website and you are holding United Arab Emirates nationality or a residency visa of the United Arab Emirates
By executing this application or by entering into this contract of Insurance, the Insured Person consents to the Company processing data relating to the Insured Person for providing insurance products and services, legal, administrative and management purposes and in particular to the processing of any sensitive personal data relating to the Insured Person.
The Insured Person consents to the Company making such information available to third parties including but not limited to any Group Company, those who provide products or services to the Insurer or any Group Company, and regulatory authorities, within and outside the Insured Person’s country of domicile.
Types of accommodations:
Suwaah(henceforth referred to as Suwaah or ‘the website’ or ‘the company’), provides access through which you can browse different types of lodging and temporary accommodation, including but not necessarily limited to: hotels; hostels; serviced apartments; B&Bs; rooms for rent; cottages; ryokans; etc, (collectively, the “accommodation(s)”). Reservations at such accommodations is possible through Suwaah.
By making a booking through the website, you are booking a reservation at the price listed for that reservation and such other terms and conditions stated on the website, which shall become a binding contract when accepted by Suwaah, which in turn means the reservation has been confirmed by the accommodation. We will indicate the acceptance of your accommodation booking via an email confirmation (with a voucher for prepaid accommodations). We reserve the right to reject bookings as set out below.
Information provided by Suwaah is sourced from various suppliers and accommodations. The accuracy and correctness of rates, availability, description, hotel reviews, booking conditions and all other content is under the liability of the accommodations. It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Suwaah is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
Accommodation classification is based on local standards in the country where they are located, which can differ from standards in other countries. The classification may not be an official rating and is intended as a general guide only. Customers should be aware that standards can vary between accommodations of the same class in different countries, and even within the same country, and that classification may in certain cases be based on self- assessment by accommodations. As a consequence, Suwaah does not guarantee the accuracy of accommodation classification and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, does not accept any liability in relation to the classification displayed on the website.
Right To Cancel
We reserve the right not to accept customers or bookings (or in exceptional cases to cancel confirmed bookings) at our discretion and for whatever legal reason without the need to justify such refusal. Typical reasons for rejecting a customer or booking include, but are not limited to:
- Breach of Suwaah terms and conditions.
- Accommodation closure.
- Incorrect rate.
- Force majeure events.
- Trade or economic sanctions.
- Embargoes, legal restrictions.
- Fraud or theft.
- Suspected criminal activity.
- Submission by customer of misleading or erroneous information.
- Credit card problems.
- Inappropriate behavior.
- Threats or insults.
In case a booking is rejected or cancelled by Suwaah and a payment has already been made, you will receive a refund of the total booking value.
We also reserve the right to bar (or “blacklist”) users from the website, on a permanent or temporary basis, at our discretion. Any such blacklisted users must not attempt to use the website under any other name or through any other user.
In rare cases, we may also have to cancel or reject a booking due to “obvious errors”, independent of the origin of such errors. For clarity, an obvious error is a mistake on the website (e.g. in terms of price) which a reasonable person would not consider normal. The amount charged will be reimbursed in such cases. Whether to cancel or reject a booking for this reason is at Suwaah’s discretion.
Prices and additional charges by accommodations
Display of prices
Please note that all prices on the website for your accommodation room reservations are for the requested stay dates and for the number of people indicated (unless indicated otherwise). Suwaah will typically display the rate exclusive of tax recovery and service charges (see below for more details), and display these additional tax recovery and service charges during the booking path. Without prejudice to what is set out below, you will see the total inclusive price prior to confirming your booking. Display settings may vary, but all charges will show on the final booking page (before the confirmation screen). Please verify every step of your reservation on the booking form.
What is included in the rate is displayed on the website (under the accommodation information section or prior to the final booking confirmation) and/or in the confirmation email/voucher.
The standard accommodation room reservations are for single, double or triple occupancy. Extra beds will usually incur extra charges unless stated otherwise. The accommodation may also refuse to accept additional persons if not duly informed in advance.
Insurance of any kind is not included in the rates.
Taxes collected directly at accommodation
Certain accommodations may charge you a so-called additional but mandatory “resort fee” or occupancy tax (when applicable) for the use of certain services. This resort fee is collected directly from the guest and typically will not be included in the price, but it will be mentioned in the accommodation description on the website.
Taxability, the appropriate tax rate and the type of applicable taxes vary greatly by location and can change without prior notification.
You may also be charged directly by the accommodation for energy surcharges, baggage handling fees, newspaper delivery fees, in-room safe fees, tourism fees, or housekeeping fees. The practice to add additional accommodation fees is outside Suwaah’s control and occurs in certain markets (including the USA). Needless to say, optional incidental fees and personal consumption are almost never included, for example, parking charges, minibar charges, phone calls, room service, food & beverage, gala dinners, movie rentals, internet, etc. During certain high season periods, certain accommodations will add on a compulsory gala dinner (e.g. for New Year, Christmas, Chinese New Year, etc.). This might or might not be included in the room rate, but will be displayed on the booking form. Please check the “accommodation Information”, “booking conditions”, “cancellation policy” or similar wording on the website.
For certain accommodations, a compulsory transportation or transfer fee will be charged on top of the room rate at the request of the accommodation, or at your request where available. This is especially common for island destinations (e.g. the Maldives) where you need accommodation transportation to reach the accommodation. Please note that Suwaah does not organise any transportation: This is always organised and offered by or on behalf of the accommodation, who is responsible for such transportation services, not Suwaah. Suwaah does not assume any liability for the quality, safety, frequency or service levels of such transportation services.
When in doubt whether a service is included, you can always contact the accommodation directly or through our customer support (Contact Us) team.
‘Pay Now’ or ‘Pay Later’
To offer more choice and better flexibility for your convenience, you might find that some rooms have different options of when the payment of the booking is made, referred to as ‘pay now’ or ‘pay later’. Sometimes you will be offered only one of the options, meaning that this accommodation offers certain rates based on whether it is pay now or pay later. At the moment, ‘pay later’ is only available on the Suwaah website.
‘Book now, pay now’
If you have selected the “book now, pay now” option, the total amount of the booking will be charged immediately at the time of the booking in the website currency. Please make sure that your card is working and have sufficient funds in order to complete the booking. Suwaah vouchers can be redeemed only with “pay now” options.
Book now, pay later
When choosing ‘book now, pay later’ you will be paying for your booking 3 days before the cancellation date. You may book certain refundable rooms in some accommodations without entering your card details. The room will be booked for free up to 3 days before the first cancellation date. You must ensure that you pay online to Suwaah with your credit card. The accommodation may charge you a nominal service or tourism fee when you first check-in.
The prices are based on the website domain that you are visiting. If you select a currency different from the website domain, then currency conversion will take place. Read more about this under “Currency Conversion for ‘book now, pay later’”.
Currency conversion for ‘Book now, pay now’
Accommodation rates provided in a currency other than the currency displayed on the website are converted to the displayed currency at a rate determined by Suwaah, which may include a conversion and/or processing fee for certain currencies. The final amount which you see on the booking page will be charged in the website currency. You may be given the option to pay in your credit card currency if it is different from the selected currency. However, some credit cards do not accept payments in certain currencies, in which case an alternative currency (typically based on the country of the issuing bank) will be proposed in a new field. Please pay attention to the booking form fields prior to clicking the confirmation button. Your bank may impose additional fees on the transaction, over which Suwaah has no control.
Value Added Tax (VAT)
Value added tax (VAT) is a tax on the consumption or use of goods and services levied at the point of sale. This form of indirect tax is applicable from 1st January 2018, on selected products and services that can be purchased on our website, as per the UAE law.
Cancel Your Hotel Booking
You can cancel most flight bookings online, including flights booked with points. For some airfares, if you cancel within 24 hours, no penalty fees apply.
If you cancel a non-refundable flight reservation, the airline may issue you a flight credit for a future booking instead of a refund. Some flight reservations are not eligible for a flight credit after cancellation. If you cancel one of these reservations, you will lose the value of your ticket.
Before you cancel your flight, review the Airline Rules & Regulations portion of your itinerary for any airline cancellation fees. Any applicable fees are always charged by the airline, not us.
To cancel your flight booking online
- Sign in to view your bookings.
- In Upcoming, select the itinerary you wish to cancel. 3. Select Cancel Flight under Manage Booking. Low-cost airlines.
- Low-cost airlines, such as Frontier or Spirit, require you to contact the airline directly to cancel your flight. Roundtrip flights with 2 one-way fares.
- To cancel this type of roundtrip flight, you must cancel each one-way flight individually. If one of your flights is operated by a low-cost airline, you must contact the airline directly to cancel. For more information, please read Roundtrip flights with 2 one-way fares.
If you need to cancel a flight that is part of a vacation package booking, please read Cancel your vacation package. Good to know
- If you fail to board your departing flight, the airline will automatically cancel your return flight, unless you booked a roundtrip flight with 2 one-way fares.
- If the airline canceled your flight, read Airline-initiated schedule change.
- For information about flight insurance, read Flight insurance.
- For refund information, read Refund timelines.
Still need help?
If you need assistance with canceling your flight, please contact us.
Cancel Your Hotel Booking
You can cancel most hotel bookings online. If your hotel's free cancellation deadline has passed, you will have to pay a cancel fee. If you booked a non-refundable hotel, you will have to pay the entire cost of your stay. Check the Rules and Restrictions in your itinerary for details. To cancel your hotel booking
- Sign in to view your bookings.
- In Upcoming, select the itinerary you wish to cancel.
- In Manage Booking, select Cancel Room and follow the instructions.
If you don't see the Cancel Room option, it is for one of these reasons:
- The hotel's free cancellation deadline has passed. You can find details about cancel fees in your itinerary.
- You booked a non-refundable hotel.
- Your hotel is part of a vacation package booking. If you need to cancel your booking, please contact us. All cancel fees are at the hotel's discretion. Good to know.
- If you want to adjust your travel dates, you can change your booking instead of canceling.
- To cancel a hotel booking that is part of a vacation package, read Change or cancel your vacation package.
- For refund information, read Refund timelines.
- If your booking is managed by a property manager, you will need to cancel directly with the property manager listed in your itinerary. Still need help?
For help with canceling your hotel booking, contact us.
How it works
- Suwaah may take up to 24 hours to process your refund. Once your refund is processed, your financial institution may take up to 7 days to post the credit to your account, and up to 2 billing cycles to show the credit on your statement.
- Your refund will be processed to your original method(s) of payment
- If you paid for your entire booking with points, any cancellation fees will be deducted from your points.
- If you paid for your booking with points and a credit card, any cancellation fees will be deducted from the points portion of your refund first, followed by the credit card portion, if necessary.
- Your Suwaah refund receipt email contains details regarding your refund amount, how, and when you'll get your refund.
- If your credit card statement includes a charge from a third party (e.g., a low-cost airline, rental car company, or cruise line), you will receive your refund from that third party, not Suwaah. Please contact the respective third party regarding refund timelines and related questions.
- If you've been charged a deposit or partial payment, you'll be issued a refund for that amount, minus any applicable fees. Flights
- Some flight bookings are eligible for a full refund if you cancel within 24 hours.
- Some fares are non-refundable. If you cancel such a fare, you may be eligible for a flight credit instead.
- Most hotel rooms are fully refundable if you cancel before the hotel's cancellation deadline.
- Some hotel rooms are non-refundable.
- If you cancel a non-refundable hotel booking, or cancel your booking after the hotel's cancellation deadline, you are not eligible for a refund, regardless of payment method used (points or card).
- If you cancelled within the hotel's cancellation window but still see a charge from the hotel on your credit card statement, please contact the hotel directly.
Some flights booked as part of a vacation package are refundable if they are cancelled within 24 hours of booking. Read Change or cancel your vacation package for more information. Cars
- Not all prepaid bookings qualify for a refund. Review your itinerary for details.
- If your prepaid booking qualifies for a refund, your booking must be cancelled at least 6 hours prior to pick-up for the refund.
- If you return your prepaid car rental early, you will not be refunded for any unused time. Cruises.
- Most cruise bookings are eligible for a full refund if you cancel up to 90 days before departure. Activities
- Most activity bookings are eligible for a full refund if you cancel before the activity's cancellation deadline.
- Some activities are non-refundable.
- Most train bookings are eligible for a refund, minus an admin fee of up to 20 USD.
- If you already printed your ticket, your refund will be issued by the train company within 9 weeks.
- If you have not already printed your ticket, your refund will be issued by the train company within 7 days.